Classical American Homes and the Decorative Arts Trust are excited to announce the fourth Emerging Scholars Colloquium!
January 26, 2020
George F. Baker Houses, NYC
Featuring captivating presentations by a diverse group of speakers and followed by a delicious Bloody Mary and ham biscuit brunch, this is a great way to spend a winter Sunday morning in New York City.
- Edgefield Stoneware in The Met’s American Wing -Katherine C. Hughes, Peggy N. Gerry Research Scholar, The American Wing, The Metropolitan Museum of Art
- Textiles and Design Exchanges between India and the United States in the Mid-Twentieth Century -Vishal Khandelwal, Department of the History of Art, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
- The Eameses and The Case Study House Program: Introducing Scandinavian Design to Mid-Century America -Rachel Pool, History of Design and Curatorial Studies, Parsons School of Design and Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum
- A Tale of Two Families: An Engraved Tea Service in Antebellum Augusta, Georgia -Kayli Rideout, American Studies, Boston University
- Transpacific Scopic Frames: the Folded Spaces of Two 18th-Century Pueblan Cabinets -Celia Rodríguez Tejuca, Art History, Johns Hopkins University
Details and ticket information coming soon!
This is event is made possible in part with support from the Wunsch Americana Foundation.